Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Latest Updates

Well, here it is. I've not been too bad in 2006 when it comes to updates, I guess, but nonetheless, I can do better. I just always think, "nothing is really new"... maybe I'm wrong.

*GRE - the test went FANTASTIC. studying paid off and I am grateful to the Lord for really good scores. really good. what a blessing.

* Softball - how many of you know that I'm the recruiting coordinator for women's softball? not many maybe, but its one of my roles and i've started to go to some practices to just "be around" though its weird to just stand around and watch. Coach doesn't really ever put me to work "doing" anything. I don't think he knows I was an athlete ever, maybe he thinks I'm just a big softie? Anyway, our first games are the week of spring break (March 10-18?)

* Senior Women's Administrator - I'm also the Senior Women's Administrator for our Athletics department, which in theory means that I'm the "title IX" enforcer (its my job to make sure that women are represented appropriately in athletics at Greenville) but so far has mostly meant that I go to conference meetings and vote on general conference policy. We did that today. It was kind of a long day.

* Flickr - my friend Bethany started a "Flicker" site (www.flickr.com) and it looked really neat so I started one and posted it to the right (under the links to other sites). If you get a chance, check it out - but then don't check again for a month. I have to upload more pics and also take some more good ones. :)

* Traveling - with the exception of a couple Grad. school interview trips, my traveling is largely done. I went with my mom to a women's retreat in Jan (it was fantastic) and then 2 weeks ago was in San Antonio to visit the Fergasons, who are dear friends from when I lived in Seattle. They are still trying to get me to live with them - and for a minute I even considered changing my graduate major to make it happen. I love being there.

* work - well, i'm still getting up early and lately its making me so tired! I'm actually skipping recruiting tonight to go home and lay in a prone position and maybe take a nap!

* ministry - the Filby's and I began a college ministry a few weeks ago through the free menthodist church. its been fun and a blessing. i'm supposed to teach this sunday but have no idea yet what i'm teaching.... yikes.

thats all for now. much love to you and yours.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

way to update :) - - i on the other hand know i'm WAY overdue and i'm pretty sure it's not going to happen tonight...maybe tomorrow...hope you're night of crashing at home was relaxing-ly "uneventful" ;)

--(and yes - when it starts to get too late for me i make up words like 'relaxingly' - haha) --