Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Googling myself

Have you ever done it? I bet you have.

Sometimes I go to www.google.com and type in my name and hit search. Just to see what's out there about me... Am I dating Brad Pitt? Do I have any children I don't know about? Did I run a marathon?

Well I know the answer to the first two questions is "no", and the third is "yes", but you never know what you'll find out there in the world wide web.

So when I did this for myself the top two results were for the college's website, and then there were a number of them that were various race results - golly, I used to do a lot of racing when I was in Seattle; Ski to Sea ("Lucky If We Finish" did in fact finish, though not due to great help on the part of their canoe team - of which I was one half), Renton River Days 5k Fun Run (where we beat our mile time by about 30 seconds/mile and I received shin splints as a reward...), the Seattle Half-Marathon (my first long run with Shannon nee Herlocker) but NOT sadly the Honolulu Marathon (which was a life-experience).

Life is fine in other regards. I googled myself just to take a minute of rest from work and craziness. The football team checked in yesterday and Monday and there were about 30 minutes in the late morning today of people and noise everywhere. It was great - but also great when they left for their retreat.

I think I will miss being with them, but I think I will like being a fan. We'll see I guess.

Love, Tiff

No comments: