Wednesday, November 10, 2004

thoughts

Hebrews 10:35-36
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

Because scripture is living and active, when you read it - - even if you've read a chapter or book multiple times, one verse or a series of them will JUMP out at you and make a difference for the day.

Thats why I like to have devotional time in the AM if possible - because then I have a verse that's with me all day.

There is a lot going on right now here in humble Greenville. This verse spoke to me in a surprising way. There is so much I am persevering through right now, and trying to live victoriously through it, and have confidence through it. I am encouraged (literally - made more courageous, infused with courage) to continue in my fight for the Lord's will to be done here and in my life.

There are many things I wish would happen, but I can see that I don't know the Lord's will yet, and I simply need to be CONFIDENT that his will WILL come to pass, and I can trust him. He will reward me (eternally, and maybe even on earth in my eyes) with gifts that are abundant.

And in the meantime he is making me a "SUPER-Conquerer" and I am grateful for the training.

Love today, Tiffani

No comments: