Thursday, September 30, 2004

Road Trip Tomorrow and the Four Loves

Leaving tomorrow for a road trip to Lisle, Illinois, Benedictine College.

Looking forward to reading “Future Grace” on the van…!

Some thoughts from “The Four Loves” by C.S. Lewis:

“If I am sure of anything I am sure that Jesus Christ’s teaching was never meant to confirm my congenital preference for save investments and limited liabilities…. To love at all is to be vulnerable.”

In the spring I went through a time of realization – where I discovered my heart had been kept in a tomb for a while. The Lord resurrected it – through the help of John 11 and I have been “learning” ever since about the joys and sorrows of having a living heart. And as I was reading about “Charity” (the last of the four loves that CS discusses) I was struck by the comment above. If we are to love at all, ever, then we need to risk being vulnerable all the time.

Blessings to you today – may you love fully!

No comments: